Material separators for recycling plants
1. Material separator for recycling plants, PMA-R and PMA-RC:
The new Höcker Polytechnic material separator for the recycling industry has been frequently used in recycling plants for foils and light-density sorting. The PMA - R was designed for the particularly hard and changing operational demands of recycling technology and is characterized by excellent accessibility. The greatest importance was attached to a safe and operation-friendly design realizing paneling protection for the rotary valve and replaceable screen plates. Due to the compact design at very low height, the PMA-R can be integrated into all plant designs as a space-saver.
The patented basic principle of the PMA, built over 2,000 times and used worldwide, was kept intact. The structural separation of the material current and dust-laden air guarantees a degree of filtration of the lightweight material in continuous operation of 99.98 %. A carryover of films in the filter is excluded, thanks to this design.
The application spectrum of the Höcker air classifier systems, extraction systems, and material separators in the recycling industry is subject to constant change: new materials and service requirements for the recycling facilities led to expanded, new requirements in previous years which were consequently implemented in new designs.
For the currently presented fundamental redesign of the PMA-R, the operating experiences and the operational requirements of our customers were particularly taken into consideration.
2. The key advantages of the PMA-R:
- High availability with the three-shift operation
- Best accessibility for repair and maintenance
- Compact structure at low height
- 2 large, upper revision dampers for easy cleaning of the screen plates
- Replaceable, removable screens
- The screens can easily be replaced by the operating personnel
- Subsequent adaptation of the sieves to changed materials
- High material and air throughput
- Pressure-free material discharge
- Wear-resistant due to Creusabo – paneling (RC)
- Structural paneling protection for the rotary wheel shaf
- Revision opening at the rotary feeder with quick-release locks
The design of the PMA-R was tested and further developed in three-shift operation by a customer. The respective project-based design concept rounds out the easy accessibility of the PMA–R and PMA-RC. Here, the R stands for Recycling and RC for Recycling-Creusabo, a highly wear-resistant metal that is welded on the inside as a form of wear protection.
The screen panels can easily be replaced by any locksmith or the service personnel. The subsequent optimization of the material, replacement in case of wear, or simply the removal of impurities can therefore be as fast as lightning.
The design of the PMA-R was tested and further developed in three-shift operation by a customer. The respective project-based design concept rounds out the easy accessibility of the PMA–R and PMA-RC. Here, the R stands for Recycling and RC for Recycling-Creusabo, a highly wear-resistant metal that is welded on the inside as a form of wear protection. The delivery program includes four sizes and can therefore be individually adjusted for each practical case.
The separator is designed for negative pressure operation up to 4,500 PA.